What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that have an essential role for the provision of numerous services of the information society. Among others, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their team and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and treat the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
• Own cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
• Third party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they can not be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the period of time they remain stored in the client’s browser, which may be:
• Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that only interested to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (eg a list of products purchased).
• Persistent cookies: the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
• Technical cookies: cookie gdpr [cookies_permitted] and cookie gdpr [consent_of_cookies] that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, perform the purchase process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use elements of security during navigation, store contents for the dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
• Personalization cookies: allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
• Analysis cookies: allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the data of use made by the users of the service.
• Advertising cookies: allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces.
• Behavioral advertising cookies: they store information on user behavior obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows them to develop a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Deactivation and elimination of cookies
You have the option to allow, block or eliminate the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer. When you disable cookies, some of the available services may no longer be operational.
The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the browser’s Help menu where you can find instructions. The user may at any time choose which cookies he wants to work on this website.
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer o Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
- Internet Explorer: windows.microsoft.com/es-xl/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=”ie-10″
- FireFox: support.mozilla.org/es/kb/Borrar%20cookies
- Chrome: support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=”es”
- Safari: www.apple.com/es/privacy/use-of-cookies/
In addition, you can also manage the storage of cookies on your browser through tools such as:
- Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
- Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/
Cookies used in www.trans-it.es
Next, the cookies that are being used in this portal are identified, as well as their typology and function:
• Session Cookies: PHPSESSID cookie designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that only interested to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (eg a list of products purchased).
• Personalization cookies: “pll_language” cookie allows the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal such as language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
• Analysis Cookies: in the future analysis cookies belonging to the google analysis services can be used, which allow the person responsible for them to analyze the behavior of the users of the website. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the data of use made by the users of the service.
Acceptance of the Cookies Policy
Given this information it is possible to carry out the following actions:
Accept cookies This warning will not be displayed again when accessing any portal page during this session.
Close. The notice is hidden on this page.
Modify your configuration You can get more information about what cookies are, know the Cookies Policy of www.trans-it.es and modify the configuration of your browser.